Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scoliosis Contacts

Options
  • 19-10-2017 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am a fourth year Product Design Student in the University of Limerick and am currently starting my Final year project (FYP). My project is in the region of scoliosis surgeries and treatment.

Essentially I am looking for anyone who has experience in the area (Both sufferers and experts, doctors nurses etc.) who would be able to share their experiences with me. I am particularly interested in people who underwent surgery (Diagnosis, the surgical process, Recovery, revision).
    Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Mod note

OP discussed this with me and I am looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

Rob

I'll start things off

I'm a GP and we often see mild degree's of scoliosis. It can be either postural (goes on bending and can be eliminated with phyios/exercises or getting rid of muscle spasm ) or fixed in which case it doesn't.
    Scoliosis is commonly defined as greater than 10° of lateral deviation of the spine from its central axis.

Advertisement