Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One-handed or touchscreen Switch games

Options
  • 18-10-2017 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

I broke a bone on my left wrist last night and am now stuck with a cast on that arm. I had just bought Rogue Trooper earlier yesterday and was enjoying it too! I can't hold anything in my left hand but I want to play my Switch. Can anyone advise if there are there any games on it that can be played with one controller in the right hand or just using the touchscreen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The only thing I can think of is you could play Mariokart DX with Accelerate Assist enabled, and maybe Steering assist if it proves a little tricky, and use motion controls - you should be able to at least drive, maybe use items at a push. Using a single joycon the weight of the controller wouldn't be a problem.

You could also play Arms one handed, and either don't use throws or grab the controller out of your cast-armed hand for a doublepunch motion. Taht would get messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There are some music rhythm games.

Voez and Deemo are touch screen only, but you definitely need both hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Human Resource Machine and Thimbleweed Park should both be playable on the touchscreen with one hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Banjo wrote: »
    The only thing I can think of is you could play Mariokart DX with Accelerate Assist enabled, and maybe Steering assist if it proves a little tricky, and use motion controls - you should be able to at least drive, maybe use items at a push. Using a single joycon the weight of the controller wouldn't be a problem.

You could also play Arms one handed, and either don't use throws or grab the controller out of your cast-armed hand for a doublepunch motion. Taht would get messy.

I am actually shocked you gave a proper answer instead of some innuendo double entendré laden master class :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would have also expected him to slip "mickey" in there somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

fixxxer wrote: »
    I am actually shocked you gave a proper answer instead of some innuendo double entendré laden master class :pac:

When a man has wanked himself into this kind of state, you don't make fun of him, you help a brother out. There but by the grace of god and a lamb chop wrapped inside an armband secured by the couch cushion go all of us.

Advertisement