Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer pay overtime and travel

Options
  • 18-10-2017 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am a full time employee my contract states I should work from 8 to 5.30. my work involves a lot of working on site. Can my employer expect me to travel to different sites around Ireland in my own time to arrive on site at 8 and remain on site till 5.30 before travelling back to the office. Ie all travel outside of contract hours would not be paid. Surely once I arrive at the office my working time starts all travelling after this is work in my eyes. What are people's thoughts on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Toastyfire wrote: »
    I am a full time employee my contract states I should work from 8 to 5.30. my work involves a lot of working on site. Can my employer expect me to travel to different sites around Ireland in my own time to arrive on site at 8 and remain on site till 5.30 before travelling back to the office. Ie all travel outside of contract hours would not be paid. Surely once I arrive at the office my working time starts all travelling after this is work in my eyes. What are people's thoughts on this?

Home to work or vice versa is at your expense. Work to work should be paid for by the employer. Claim mileage as per public service rates if you use your own car. Check your employment contract and see if it mentions travel costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Advertisement