Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Address Pal - package missing

Options
  • 18-10-2017 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi there,

Can anyone here help by letting me know where I may stand with an issue please with Address Pal.

Ordered item from a NYC based retailer and had it delivered by UPS standard delivery to my US Address Pal address in NJ. The retailer provided tracking details and it was delivered to Address Pal on Oct 10th.

After 2 days had passed I was concerned I had not received a tracking order for the Address Pal to my Home leg of the journey. I also did not have the €15.99 docked from my account so I got in touch.

After 5 working days and 3 more emails from me asking for an update I was finally told today that it "was not received" and they need signed proof of delivery. That's fair enough to need proof of delivery but I'm really frustrated and peeved off that it took me chasing them and a week to be told they supposedly didn't receive my order.

I've checked the UPS tracking number again and there is a note saying it was "left at door". This raises more questions for me. Does the US Address Pal depot not have a person manning the office to receive deliveries? Or at the very least a facility for dropping off packages in a secure place? it baffles my mind that UPS could have just left a package at the An Post facility and have it go missing from there? On top of that, it took a week to find this out and the chances of locating the order decrease with each day that passes.

This is the second time i've been frustrated with the poor communications and customer service and I also don't know where I stand with recourse. Is it UPS/Address Pal/retailer who is liable? Or worse, none of the above. Could I potentially be out of pocket and that's the end of it? That seems grossly unfair given I am literally in a different continent, acted in good faith and gave correct delivery details?

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,
    TP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Seller needs to raise it with UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Does UPS standard delivery require signature for parcels? Does leaving a parcel at the door qualify as proper delivery under their T&Cs?

Assuming that the retailer selected the method of delivery, get back to them, and say that the package was not received. UPS are acting as the agent of the sender rather than the recipient. You have a contract with the retailer, they have a contract with the delivery agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

'left at door' is proof of nothing tbh, certainly means it was not received by a staff member ,therefore not entered into system as there system shows this,so they would not know you had anything to be emailed about to begin with.

its on ups to deliver on behalf of retailer, leaving it outside is not delivered, if they even brought it to correct address. could be anywhere.

addresspal not the issue here,they never received it. not defending them, its just how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TediousProcess

So I have just had an update from the retailer.

Apparently UPS applied the incorrect address on the package. I inputted the address correctly and the retailer received the address correctly which they have confirmed but apparently at some point UPS got it wrong and it was delivered to the incorrect address.

I will be updating Address Pal and I accept the issue was not at their end.

However, I do still remain frustrated with the way they handled communications. It took a week to find out they hadn't received it. And this is the second time (out of three orders) that I've had this issue. Won't be using them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So I have just had an update from the retailer.

Apparently UPS applied the incorrect address on the package. I inputted the address correctly and the retailer received the address correctly which they have confirmed but apparently at some point UPS got it wrong and it was delivered to the incorrect address.

I will be updating Address Pal and I accept the issue was not at their end.

However, I do still remain frustrated with the way they handled communications. It took a week to find out they hadn't received it. And this is the second time (out of three orders) that I've had this issue. Won't be using them again.

Give them a break. It takes a lot more work to find out you have nothing to do with an issue that's not on your system; something you're not a party to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement