Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2017/2018

Options
  • 18-10-2017 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys planning on doing the GAMSAT next September ( in UK) and in March (Ireland) . Just wondering when should I start preparing , how many hours per day to put in and any recommendations on what to use for study ? I keep hearing about these Des O'Neill notes are they very useful ? I orginally was studying medicine abroad but due to personal problems and struggling to adjust I came back to college in Ireland ( please don't be too hard on me ) . My degree is 3 years long and currently in 1st year but I just really want to nail this GAMSAT . Any advice appreciated, thanks .I can go back to medicine abroad after my degree but I really don't want to resort to that . I like my degree at the moment, but still think about medicine . It would take me a solid 2 years to nail the leaving cert and Hpath to get it undergrad. I didn't do the best leaving cert either .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

Depends on your background. Some people seem to do well with very little prep, others do badly having spend a lot of time studying. I'm still waiting on results! Sat the exam in September. I'll sit it again in March if I have to.

I thought Des O'Neill was useful, more for the question bank than anything else. The notes in the science section weren't great IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Irelandman1998

Depends on your background. Some people seem to do well with very little prep, others do badly having spend a lot of time studying. I'm still waiting on results! Sat the exam in September. I'll sit it again in March if I have to.

I thought Des O'Neill was useful, more for the question bank than anything else. The notes in the science section weren't great IMO.
    . Thanks a miillion seems like a worthy investement to get them so, best of luck with the results !

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

. Thanks a miillion seems like a worthy investement to get them so, best of luck with the results !

Thank you!

I have the notes. :)

Advertisement