Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Article / Video describing Context Shift

Options
  • 18-10-2017 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

In my team we often get late changes from the business. This results in a developer dropping what they are currently working on and switching to a "higher priority" task.

Once the "higher priority task" is resolved the developer returns back to the original task. However after switching back the developer takes longer than originally estimated to finish the original task in switching his / her concentration to another task.

Pretty sure this is described as "Context Shift".

I haven't found any really good articles / videos on it but I want to send something to the business stakeholders to give them a reasonable idea on what these changes in priority do to the productivity of the team.

Anyone have any good info on this? Articles / Video would be ideally be simple for the business to understand :p

Comments

Advertisement