Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with air-to-air pumps

Options
  • 18-10-2017 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I have two air-to-air pumps in my house that have given up on me. I have searched high and low in phone books, on Google and everywhere else I can think of for a repair man, but I can't find one. They either a) don't do work for individuals, b) are too far away, c) turn out to work with air conditioning on cars, or d) are absolutely a****les about it and don't want to help.

I'm in Co. Sligo. I'm running out of ideas on how to get these fixed. Talking to my supplier, the problem appears to be with the circuit boards.

Unfortunately, getting the person who installed them to come and fix them is not an option.

Regards,
    Pamela

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Do you have a local electrician you could ask?

If all that is required is to replace a board, then they might be able to do it. If it needs to be re-gassed then it is trickier. You need someone who is equipped and trained to do that.

Is there a local shop or cafe with an air conditioning unit? Could you ask them? You could also ask a local shop or restaurant who does their refrigeration. Refridgeration and air conditioning and air-to-air heat pumps are all basically the same technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pami_81

I guess we could ask the electrician... Anybody we know who looks after aircon for shops etc. says they won't work for consumers, which is becoming our main source of frustration!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Try the local bulk milktank repair man. Ask a local dairy farmer for recommendations

Advertisement