Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Bracknagh/Clonsast

Options
  • 17-10-2017 11:33pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what options are available in the Clonsast area?

Moved home to the parents place and they have DigiWeb Satellite Broadband (TooWay) but its useless for anything apart from basic surfing the web and checking emails.

I work at web development and FTP is pretty much impossible due to the ridiculously high latency. Also theres a 20GB cap per month which isnt a lot in this day and age if you download at all or use Netflix etc.

Anyone in the area using anything else with better results?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DaveR1000

Think imagine are over that way - Clonbullougue direction, I'm outside of Daingean and all the providers are rubbish at the min. FTTH coming in next year fingers crossed. I ended up getting a 4g Router with a three.ie SIM and a omni directional aerial on the roof - 20meg up/down not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Same situation in the Walsh Island direction. Tooway satellite broadband is very poor for anything except web browsing. It's ridiculous in this day and age that satellite broadband is the best option for people living in these areas.

I'm hoping that the cellular towers are upgraded to support 4G soon. Not holding out hope for wired broadband any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭medoc

Axwell wrote: »
    Anyone know what options are available in the Clonsast area?

Moved home to the parents place and they have DigiWeb Satellite Broadband (TooWay) but its useless for anything apart from basic surfing the web and checking emails.

I work at web development and FTP is pretty much impossible due to the ridiculously high latency. Also theres a 20GB cap per month which isnt a lot in this day and age if you download at all or use Netflix etc.

Anyone in the area using anything else with better results?

Maybe try your/their Eircode in the fiber rollout checker. You might be able to get FTTH at some stage soon. Select the 300k rural rollout and put in the Eircode. I’m due for it early next year. Can’t come half soon enough.

http://fibrerollout.ie/rollout-map/can-i-get-eir-fibre-broadband/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

DaveR1000 wrote: »
    Think imagine are over that way - Clonbullougue direction, I'm outside of Daingean and all the providers are rubbish at the min. FTTH coming in next year fingers crossed. I ended up getting a 4g Router with a three.ie SIM and a omni directional aerial on the roof - 20meg up/down not too bad

Imagine are somewhere near but they have already maxed out the capacity so theres no room to join

Advertisement