Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange diff light flashing Pajero

Options
  • 17-10-2017 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

when I start the jeep up it has the solid green lights. But when I move it into 4wd the orange light starts to flash,and when I move it back to 2wd it still the orange light flashing? Anyone have this problem before and know how to fix it !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This a Pajero?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jjjjjjjk

colm_mcm wrote: »
    This a Pajero?

Ya it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Try reversing for a small bit.
    Sounds like the actuator for the diff lock is stuck on.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jeepcj

Depends what year it is. If its 2000-2007 the switches on top of transfer box probably need to be replaced, common problem with them. Pre 2000 its probably a vaccum issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭jjjjjjjk

jeepcj wrote: »
    Depends what year it is. If its 2000-2007 the switches on top of transfer box probably need to be replaced, common problem with them. Pre 2000 its probably a
    issue.

There is 5 switches, will only one have to be changed. ?? Or all.

• Advertisement

It all depends on how many are faulty, if 2 or 3 are its better just to change them all as its fairly labour intensive. You don't have to totally remove the transfer box but it does need to be lowered

Milners in the UK sell them for around £33 each, which is less than half the price from mitsubishi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

jeepcj wrote: »
    Depends what year it is. If its 2000-2007 the switches on top of transfer box probably need to be replaced, common problem with them. Pre 2000 its probably a vaccum issue.

Same thing happened me with a 2004 pajero. Cost a bloody fortune to figure out which ones were the problem. Labour was a killer, parts were cheap

Same thing happened me with a 2004 pajero. Cost a bloody fortune to figure out which ones were the problem. Labour was a killer, parts were cheap

I agree with the labour, thats why they recommend they all be changed while its apart as parts are not too bad and chances are the others will fail.

Advertisement