Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring a bill phone to pay as you go

Options
  • 17-10-2017 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Good day,

My daughter lost her phone and my husband has upgraded from a S4 to S7.

The S4 was with meteor and is out of contract.

How do I get my daughter onto the hubby's old phone and get back her old phone number. She was with Tesco mobile.

What kind of money does this cost.

Thanks in advance

Xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Good day,

My daughter lost her phone and my husband has upgraded from a S4 to S7.

The S4 was with meteor and is out of contract.

How do I get my daughter onto the hubby's old phone and get back her old phone number. She was with Tesco mobile.

What kind of money does this cost.

Thanks in advance

Xxx

Ask your hubby to get meteor to unlock the s4. They have to do it free of charge if it was a contact phone (or if over 150 euro was spent on a pre pay phone). They will ask for the IMEI number. I don't know how long the process takes these days.

There is another option which is quite complicated

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2282683

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

T-Bird wrote: »
    Ask your hubby to get meteor to unlock the s4. They have to do it free of charge if it was a contact phone (or if over 150 euro was spent on a pre pay phone). They will ask for the IMEI number. I don't know how long the process takes these days.

There is another option which is quite complicated

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2282683

Thank you. Once unlocked how does my daughter get her old phone number back with Tesco mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭GIMP

Buy micro sim in any Tesco store. It will have a 089 number attached. Call Tesco mobile customer care and ask them to do a sim switch. Quote them the new 089 number and whatever your daughters number was. Should only take a short time to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Have you tried actually talking to anyone on the Tesco phone department in store ?

Advertisement