Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an Android Box - any recommendations

Options
  • 17-10-2017 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I bought an android box about 2 1/2 years ago. In the last number of weeks it has stopped working or gone very slow. To be honest I want to replace it as the memory is very small and I now want to go bigger.

I am looking for something that runs Android 7.1, 3gb ram and has a hd memory memory of about 64gb.

I have been looking on Amazon and eBay but the reviews for what to be good devices are mixed.

Does anyone have any other suggestions and sites that are reputable.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

boris232 wrote: »
    I bought an android box about 2 1/2 years ago. In the last number of weeks it has stopped working or gone very slow. To be honest I want to replace it as the memory is very small and I now want to go bigger.

I am looking for something that runs Android 7.1, 3gb ram and has a hd memory memory of about 64gb.

I have been looking on Amazon and eBay but the reviews for what to be good devices are mixed.

Does anyone have any other suggestions and sites that are reputable.

Thanks

Beelink GT4 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭boris232

Thanks for that - I have just done a search for that - nothing is coming up but a GT1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Budget?

Not holding on a budget but a limit of €100 -€120 at the very tops. Don't mind as long as I get value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Not holding on a budget but a limit of €100 -€120 at the very tops. Don't mind as long as I get value for money.

at the risk of sounding like a broken record; go the extra bit more and get the Nvidia Shield TV and you wont look back.

currently on Amazon Warehouse £159

the difference in price in minuscule compared to the massive jump you'll get in performance and flexibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Best box sub 100€?

at the risk of sounding like a broken record; go the extra bit more and get the Nvidia Shield TV and you wont look back.

currently on Amazon Warehouse £159

the difference in price in minuscule compared to the massive jump you'll get in performance and flexibility

Just having a look at this over the last number of days - seriously impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭funnyname

Just having a look at this over the last number of days - seriously impressed.

I've been thinking about this as well, is it worth holding off on purchase until Black Friday, there were some good discounts to be had on it last year?

funnyname wrote: »
    I've been thinking about this as well, is it worth holding off on purchase until Black Friday, there were some good discounts to be had on it last year?

Thinking the same myself - that or January sales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

• Advertisement
Advertisement