Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social housing and family home

Options
  • 17-10-2017 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi, any insight into my situation very much appreciated.

I am on SDCC housing list 7 years now. After divorce and as a mother of two children I moved home to care for ageing parents. My brother lived in the family home too. It was assessed as overcrowded.

In subsequent years my brother bought his own home, my father sadly passed away two years ago and my mothers dementia made life at home impossible and she is now in a nursing home.

I now live in a home that is no longer overcrowded. It is in my mothers name and would be sold after her passing. That could be a year or two due to her decline. I am number 100 on the housing list on last inquiry.

Where do I stand on eligibility for social housing? My brother is talking about moving back in and renting out his newly acquired house. Of course he is entitled to.

Thankyou for reading

Advertisement