Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying on Oxmantown rd, stoneybatter

Options
  • 17-10-2017 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We are a young couple, with a 4 month old baby, looking for some advise, we are looking to buy on oxmantown road, stoneybatter, Dublin 7.

We have been looking for a property for over a year now, finally a house on Oxmantown road has come up, that meets our needs and we finally haven't been outbid in this crazy market. Ideally we would have wanted something half way down, or near the end of oxmantown road where it is less busy. The house is at the start of the road, near the shops (newsagent, pharmacy and chipper) It also is across from ross street which didn't have the best name in the past.

Any advice or input welcome, as desperately looking for a safe family home near the city.

Thank you
    G :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Hi G

I am from the same road (my family home still there) and I wouldn't be too concerned about that part of the road now.  Years ago there was there may have been trouble with the flats not too far away and when Pat's Corner was open and with it being an off licence, there used to be a few undesirables hanging around.  As far as I can see these days it's much quieter, you may get a few kids hanging around at the chipper and the Mascot shop, but nothing out of the ordinary. 

Not too sure about the North Circular Road these days but when I was growing up it was a bit dodgy (with all types living in the bedsits etc), that would be my only major concern about that end of the road.  I may be biased but it's a great place to live! :-)

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Would you not look at santry or beaumont where you would get a bigger house with back garden still near the city.

Advertisement