Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help

Options
  • 16-10-2017 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi All. Thanks for dropping by. I am looking to create/design something similar to this https://safetyculture.com/ on my own. What computer language would I need learn? Any advise appreciated.

Kind regards Oliver

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Hi All. Thanks for dropping by. I am looking to create/design something similar to this https://safetyculture.com/ on my own. What computer language would I need learn? Any advise appreciated.

Kind regards Oliver

Hi Oliver...there are plenty of languages that you could learn.

What kind of experience have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

Hi LO. I have no experience other than I can envision how is all structured and connected, if this makes sense. I would like take this up like a hobby for the winter to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Hi LO. I have no experience other than I can envision how is all structured and connected, if this makes sense. I would like take this up like a hobby for the winter to come.

I've done a tiny bit of app development, so others may know better but you could learn Java (which would be the common language for Android apps.)

Maybe for a beginner, maybe try something like PhoneGap? Would help you get started quickly.

something like Ionic/Cordova framework is another option . You build apps using HTML/css/AngularJS.

It really is a personal choice... probably pick something that you think you might enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Depending on what you use to build the backend / website and the mobile app end of it you could possibly looking at quite a few languages. No easy feat.

Advertisement