Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying second hand phone Q

Options
  • 16-10-2017 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm currently looking to get a 'new' phone, but rather a phone that I would buy second hand. I have a pretty decent one I'm looking at, and everything seems to be fine, but I just have one conflict with it. So the phone is a billpay upgrade and it is locked to a network, I share the same network. However in a few months time I want to move abroad and I want to know will it be difficult or expensive for me to get it unlocked?

Other than that I'm also curious is there anything that a seller could do once they sold me the phone like claim it was stolen and then the phone ends up being blocked?

The seller does not seem suspicious, but I'm just a bit iffy since I'm spending all the money that I have at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Seller doesnt pay the bill - Phone blacklisted
    Seller claims insurance - Phone blacklisted

Free unlocks happen when the seller completes the contract, a paid unlock will depend on the phone and network. Search Ebay to see.

Id only use sellers that have a long standing positive rep.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

The seller claims they're gonna keep their contract but upgrade their phone. Does that even make sense ? It's an iPhone 7 plus and they want to upgrade to an 8 but doesn't that mean they would have to buy a new phone full price and still pay the monthly contract on top ?

Advertisement