Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log cabin

Options
  • 15-10-2017 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi , im wondering if anybody knows the names of the company's in europe , that the log cabin companys in ireland import from . We would like to buy one, and I was wondering if we cut out the middle man , if we could save a lot of money. As the irish company's have to be making serious profit margin.or do they buy in bulk therefore probably save nothing impoting it ourselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭CheezePleeze

I'd be very surprised if the producers in Europe would sell directly to you and cut out their agents in ireland.
    Anyway, if you did buy directly, I'd guess there are tons of issues with building these cabins. To save a couple of grand, you'd be buying yourself a heap of headaches.
    You're saving so much when buying a log cabin compared to building with block, best to use the installers in ireland, and be happy that you've still saved a shedload...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

you want to cut out the retailer by going straight to the wholesaler ?
    none of the wholesalers I buy from would give you the time of day.

You'd be better of trying to find retailers in europe that are willing to ship to ireland

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Depending on the size of this shed you may get a better price locally?

Have you priced around?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

kceire wrote: »
    this shed

Subtle !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BryanF wrote: »
    Subtle !

No point dragging it out any longer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,059 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

BryanF wrote: »
    Subtle !
    This was even more so.
    You're saving so much when buying a log cabin compared to building with block, best to use the installers in ireland, and be happy that you've still saved a shedload...

Hey CheezePleeze, how's your illegal grannyshack going? :D

Advertisement