Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CE Scheme

Options
  • 14-10-2017 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me!! I can't find where to post this so move if necessary!! First time posting...

I recently interviewed for CE scheme. It is a three year scheme where I work 19.5 hours in a childcare facility and do course by night in my own time to complete level 5/6 fetac in childcare.

I was really excited pre interview. Before applying I rang and spoke to CE supervisor saying I had two young kids,one at home and one doing ECCE scheme with other childcare facility in the area. I told her I had no other support with childcare and she said not a problem,they would have a CET place for children in centre I would be working in and facilitate me in allowing me to collect oldest child from preschool at 12 and bring her to facility until I am finished my shift. This all sounded too good to be true as main thing holding me back from getting back to work was childcare and anxiety of leaving them for long days. (Suffered postnatal depression with anxiety last few years).

Anyway once I got to interview a different story transpired. The crèche manager interviewing CE supervisor stated no CET places for the kids in morning and I would not be able to collect oldest from playschool if there was. Also she wanted me to be available from 8 to 6 with weekly four hour shift change?! I was a bit shocked during interview and didn't want to quote what CE supervisor told me originally so just listened.

Just wondering if I'm being unreasonable expecting a set shift?! Also reading up on schemes it says you can take up other part time work while participating with a CE scheme but how could this be possible with suggested shift pattern?! Also with previously being on illness benifit I understood CE schemes were there to gentley reintroduce people to the workforce gaining skills along the way. I feel with suggested hours I would find it extremely stressful for me and my family. Would another childcare facility even be able to facilitate such flexible hours that would/could change every week!!

Thoughts would be much appreciated. Feel I'm after opening a can of worms now as was referred by DSP, will they expect me to take up this scheme and if not could my illness benifit be cut?! To note I am not ready to return to work in the capacity I once did but doc, myself and therapist feel it could do me good to try something local with part time hours like this to ease myself back in. I'm thinking now DSP will deem me as able for anything now that I've made the start?!

Stressed and unsure on how to proceed so thoughts greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 miasmum

Mollsplops wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone can help me!! I can't find where to post this so move if necessary!! First time posting...

I recently interviewed for CE scheme. It is a three year scheme where I work 19.5 hours in a childcare facility and do course by night in my own time to complete level 5/6 fetac in childcare.

I was really excited pre interview. Before applying I rang and spoke to CE supervisor saying I had two young kids,one at home and one doing ECCE scheme with other childcare facility in the area. I told her I had no other support with childcare and she said not a problem,they would have a CET place for children in centre I would be working in and facilitate me in allowing me to collect oldest child from preschool at 12 and bring her to facility until I am finished my shift. This all sounded too good to be true as main thing holding me back from getting back to work was childcare and anxiety of leaving them for long days. (Suffered postnatal depression with anxiety last few years).

Anyway once I got to interview a different story transpired. The crèche manager interviewing CE supervisor stated no CET places for the kids in morning and I would not be able to collect oldest from playschool if there was. Also she wanted me to be available from 8 to 6 with weekly four hour shift change?! I was a bit shocked during interview and didn't want to quote what CE supervisor told me originally so just listened.

Just wondering if I'm being unreasonable expecting a set shift?! Also reading up on schemes it says you can take up other part time work while participating with a CE scheme but how could this be possible with suggested shift pattern?! Also with previously being on illness benifit I understood CE schemes were there to gentley reintroduce people to the workforce gaining skills along the way. I feel with suggested hours I would find it extremely stressful for me and my family. Would another childcare facility even be able to facilitate such flexible hours that would/could change every week!!

Thoughts would be much appreciated. Feel I'm after opening a can of worms now as was referred by DSP, will they expect me to take up this scheme and if not could my illness benifit be cut?! To note I am not ready to return to work in the capacity I once did but doc, myself and therapist feel it could do me good to try something local with part time hours like this to ease myself back in. I'm thinking now DSP will deem me as able for anything now that I've made the start?!

Stressed and unsure on how to proceed so thoughts greatly appreciated.

Im currently in my 2nd year of this and i absolutley hate it. The sold me the sun, moon and stars and basically no support from my sponser at all. Im now at logger heads with my bully of a sponser and hove no idea where to turn.
    How did it work out for you?

Advertisement