Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build advice for .net & Xamarin

Options
  • 14-10-2017 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi

Mods, if this is the wrong forum please move as appropriate.

I'm looking to get a machine to develop a mobile app in Visual Studio and Xamarin with MySQL backend.

So I have a few questions on what would best suit this:

What o/s? Windows 10 or something earlier? Home or pro edition or does that matter?
    What's the minimum RAM I need?
    Any particular processor to avoid or recommend?
    Would touch screen be of any use to me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

sbs2010 wrote: »
    Hi

Mods, if this is the wrong forum please move as appropriate.

I'm looking to get a machine to develop a mobile app in Visual Studio and Xamarin with MySQL backend.

So I have a few questions on what would best suit this:

What o/s? Windows 10 or something earlier? Home or pro edition or does that matter?
    What's the minimum RAM I need?
    Any particular processor to avoid or recommend?
    Would touch screen be of any use to me?

Thanks.

Windows 10 is fine, but you'd really want 50 gig free space. The xamarin plugin uses about 30 gigs in itself. If you're running builds on a regular basis then something like an i5 with 8+ GB of ram would be essential, not to mention a SSD, they make a huge difference in performance.
    Touch screen is a personal preference really. I don't want / like them on laptops, but some people swear by them.

Advertisement