Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching car loan to another bank

Options
  • 12-10-2017 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

getting hit with 8.5% on a car loan by BOI, I can see alot of banks offering to switch mortgages for a cheaper rate, same apply with personal/car loans?

If so who offers the best rates?

I did google this but all the results are about switching you mortgage or compiling your loans into you mortgage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

getting hit with 8.5% on a car loan by BOI, I can see alot of banks offering to switch mortgages for a cheaper rate, same apply with personal/car loans?

If so who offers the best rates?

I did google this but all the results are about switching you mortgage or compiling your loans into you mortgage

Step 1. Find out how much it would take to clear finance on the car.
    Step 2, shop around for a personal loan for the amount needed with for the same time/monthly payments remaining on the loan, but at a cheaper rate.

Not that big a conundrum really op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions forum. Please read the local charter before posting. AH type answers could get you banned here.

Advertisement