Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Home Ec Project

Options
  • 12-10-2017 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My little sister is in fifth year this year doing Home Ec and has been told by her teacher that it is impossible to get full marks in the project and that they will be lucky to get 10 percent of the 25 marks, i didnt do home ec myself, but in the subjects i did do which had projetcs in them most people i know got full marks or in the 90 percent mark, just wondering if this is the case for home ec too, she is a very hard working student and will invest a lot of time into project and is devastated thinking she will not be able to get a H1 in this subject because of it. im convinced the teacher is just saying this but as i didnt do the subject i am unable to be sure.
    can somebody who did it or knows more about it please let let me know.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

... and has been told by her teacher that they will be lucky to get 10 percent of the 25 marks ...
    I know nothing about Home Ec. but that sounds totally ridiculous.

Are you sure she didn't mishear and teacher said it was easy enough to lose up to 10% even on a good project through small omissions / errors?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The most recent Chief Examiner's report for Home Ec. is 2011, but I doubt things have changed much.
    https://www.examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/LC_Home_Economics_2011_Chief_Examiners_Report.pdf (.pdf file)
    It is well worth a read particularly regarding project work and reasons people fail to do well.
    That said, on a cursory reading, I think it said 24% of projects score higher than 90%.

Advertisement