Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LC Spanish Oral Question- ROLE PLAYS..!

Options
  • 12-10-2017 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,

Soooo I'm in the process of teaching myself Spanish for the leaving cert. I may or may not actually take the subject as a leaving cert exam subject, but either way I'm learning the language because I really enjoy it.

Since I have no teacher, I have a few questions regarding the oral exam. Regarding the role plays, I know that there are 5 "Situaciónes" in the exam. Im assuming you do only 1????
    But do you basically have to answer in Spanish what is written on the sheet in English i.e. translate what's given to you, or do you have to use that as a guide and put your own spin on it? I'm confused about that.
    Also, do you get to bring the role plays into the exam with you (obviously nothing written on them) or not? As in do I just learn of the five?

I also heard that there's a random question the examiner asks you at the end of the role play that's not written down before. Is it usually complicated or simple? And does the answer have to be the same length as the others or not?

Another oral question; do you have to bring in something to the exam to talk about like the French "document" in the exam, or not?

Lastly, could someone just tell me how the Spanish oral is played out in structure etc?
    Thanks so much you have no idea

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It really would be worth your while dropping in to a school that offers Spanish and having a chat with the teacher. 20 minutes and a box of Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DubStudent365

I cant remember the order of the exam but for the role plays you must know all 5 role plays more or less word for word and the examiner will you one of the day. What the examiner hands you is in English and you translate it into Spanish. It's a very very easy part of the exam if you study the 5 well. The question at the end is basic and a sentence or 2 response is suffice. However I would also recommend getting in touch with a teacher if you think you may do the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Joshk123

thanks so much that's what I was thinking but wasn't too sure!

Advertisement