Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for new android phone, midrange with decent camera

• 12-10-2017 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Preferably not too big and with good battery life too (I understand I will have to compromise somewhere). I don't want to pay a large amount for a flagship. That it's not too big and that the battery is good are perhaps most important

Budget: circa 400 euro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Preferably not too big and with good battery life too (I understand I will have to compromise somewhere). I don't want to pay a large amount for a flagship. That it's not too big and that the battery is good are perhaps most important

There is sooo many midrange options at present in the android market. You'd be best off specifying your budget and then you'll get a whole host of different options.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

I was hesitant to specify a budget as if there was a really good phone that cost a little more or a really cheap phone that was really good im flexible. But I have put down 400 euro above as a flexible ballpark figure, ideally bought sim free, unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭914

How about the xanomi mi6, €420 for the global version and shipped from european warehouse.

Flag ship model for half the price of a flagship.

Cheaper options, battery lenovo p2 is worth a look, as well as moto g5s plus, camera's of those phones wouldn't be as good as a flag ship but the moto g5s plus seems to top the mid range models.

Have a look in the forum post "best sun €300 android device", there's a lot of discussion in there and it might leave you with plenty spare change in your pocket.

If camera is high priority, then HTC 10 is about the best you'd get for around €400. Others would probably have better battery but worse camera, sound etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

What do you guys think of sony xperia xz1 compact?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Huawei P10 can be had on adverts for that budget, excellent camera and battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭mobby

Recommend the Moto G5Plus about €260. great value for money.

What do you guys think of sony xperia xz1 compact?

It's nearly four years old ..I wouldn't buy a phone that old personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭914

ianob7 wrote: »
    It's nearly four years old ..I wouldn't buy a phone that old personally

I think your thinking of the xperia z1 compact, the poster is referring to the newer xz1 compact which was only released in August of this year.

I previously had the xperia z1 compact and it was a great little phone although I jad issues wih flash bleed on the camera, when using the flash it would create a blur over the imagine.

The camera in daylight was excellent and I believe sony have sorted the flash bleed with all their newer models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

914 wrote:
    I think your thinking of the xperia z1 compact, the poster is referring to the newer xz1 compact which was only released in August of this year.

Correct you are . Read it as z1 not xz1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

mobby wrote:
    Recommend the Moto G5Plus about €260. great value for money.

Looking at one of these, how is battery life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

But the Moto G5 or G5 plus. Great phones!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

lsjmhar wrote:
    But the Moto G5 or G5 plus. Great phones!!

What's difference between both? Price? Is the plus better battery life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Could be better camera, more RAM, longer battery life. They are cheap and good. I wouldn't waste €400 on a phone. €200 at a maximum with a large sd card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭Chefjom

If u don't mind a contract the s7 is 100 in tesco. Got one myself and has great camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭Chefjom

If u don't mind a contract the s7 is 100 in tesco. Got one myself and has great camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

I have the XZ1 Compact for the last few weeks and it's a great phone. Battery life is great, 2 days per charge.
    And it's running oreo out of the box.
    I had the z5c and i think the XZ1 Compact is a good upgrade

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Those with the ZX1 compact, where did you get them and how much? Sim free or on plans?

• Advertisement
Advertisement