Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone crochet?

Options
  • 12-10-2017 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭

As the title asks, anyone here crochet?

I crochet, but know no one else that does it. I'm partially self taught, learned the basics in school, went to a class for a few weeks last year when I decided to make something when I was pregnant and iv kept it up ever since, picking up different ideas/patterns/stitches from different online sources.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

I do!
    I love it! I mostly make blankets as presents for people.
    Self-taught (mostly through YouTube) also.

A few years ago, I convinced a group of girls to teach themselves how to do granny squares. Off they all went and came back to me with 10 each, and I put them together as a blanket for a wedding present for one of the girls.
    Lots of them have kept it up since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I do!
    I love it! I mostly make blankets as presents for people.
    Self-taught (mostly through YouTube) also.

A few years ago, I convinced a group of girls to teach themselves how to do granny squares. Off they all went and came back to me with 10 each, and I put them together as a blanket for a wedding present for one of the girls.
    Lots of them have kept it up since.

I'm the same, blankets all the way! Iv started a couple of projects for myself, but having a young baby didn't help with having a load of time to work on them and I ended up loosing interest/finding something new I wanted to do, so I've a few half finished projects in the wardrobe to get back to!

But I decided to make the bouquets and table centre flowers for our wedding which is in a few weeks so up to my eye balls in yarn and flowers at the moment! The bouquets are finished thank fcuk now though. It was a struggle getting my bouquet finished! And iv a half finished cardigan for our daughter to finish for the wedding as well.

Good woman!
    I crocheted clusters of hearts, stuck them on glittered chopsticks(!!) for my flowergirls a few years ago.
    I also embroidered my invitations!
    Pure diy wedding!

I have a small fella (and another on the way), so these days I usually pick it up after I put him down, before I crash on the couch! I have a deadline of early December for the blanket I'm working in now

If you're looking for hands, pm me your address and some pictures of the flowers you're making, I'll put a few together and bung them in the post to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Ah thank you! I'm nearly finished all the crochet now thankfully. Only have 3 or 4 flowers for the centre pieces left to crochet, which I plan to get done if muggins allows next week. Iv the rest of the crocheting done, just assembly to do, which shouldn't take to long.

Wow, what crochet did you do for the invitations? I love personalised invitations! My cousin designed ours for us, and our baby and dogs got included, which I love. My OH thought I was off my rocker to put so much effort into them. I think he's thinking the same now with all the diy I'm doing in general for the wedding, but he hasn't really mentioned it yet to me. I'm sure though after the wedding I'll hear all about it!

What type of blanket/stitch are you making? Is it for your lo that's on the way? Congrats BTW!

• Advertisement

This blanket is for a friend who bought a house and got married this year. So it's been a big year for her. Her birthday is in December, so I wanted to give it to get by then. She crochets too, so I know she'll appreciate it.
    Its just a plain tc stitch, with blocks of autumnal colours, separated by the occasional single line of hot pink. It's bleedin massive though, I'd say it'll be way too big for her bed!

I'll make some baby stuff in the new year. Still very early days, baby's not due till June.

Advertisement