Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting course, Dublin?

Options
  • 11-10-2017 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

Can anyone recommend an acting course or drama group in Dublin which will incorporate a production or showcase?

I went to the No Drama Theatre group previously for a short while and enjoyed it a lot, but am considering a course which has a start-end curriculum structure.

Any personal experiences or recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JbhTKC

I can't post links apparently because I'm new here but you can google each of these reccs.

I did Feature Film Project when it first started. You workshop with industry professionals for a certain mount of weeks (12 if memory serves me right) then you shoot a professional Feature Film at the end of it. You get IMDB credits, incredible footage, and a feature film at the end of it that will got to Film Festivals.

Another class I enjoyed was the 6 month course at the Irish Film Academy. They shoot scenes along the way which are handy for your reel. The teachers are all industry professionals so it's great networking as well as relevant training to the current needs of the industry.

Any of David Scott's classes are worth taking. He is highly respected and genuinely cares about how his students are fairing in the industry. I believe he holds a showcase at the end of his term but you should clarify that via his website.

I'm a fan of Bow Street. It's pricey but if you can't take their full or part time courses the regular workshops they hold are always worth going to.

I also really enjoyed Terry McMahon's class. If you find him on Facebook or Film Network Ireland's Facebook Group, he regularly posts about his classes. They sell out quickly.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 EmEsse

You could always look into a FETAC level 5 or 6 of Performing Arts.
    They do them in Bray, Sallynoggin etc.

Advertisement