Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mental health question

Options
  • 11-10-2017 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys I’m new to this so bear with me lol. So recently I have started collage here in Kildare Ireland and it’s going really well :). Recent,y I have made loads of friends and one of those friends has over heard me say to another friend LOOK IM A BIT DEPRESSED. So she text me that night anyways asking if I’m ok and all so I just basically just let it all out but then I find out she has been talking very mean stuff about me behind my back so I confront her about it and she goes mad at me and starts telling the whole class what I told her IN CONFIDENCE about my mental health such as my authusim and adhd and my serious phases of depression which makes me want to end it all at times and I told it all raw and honest to her and she just goes and starts telling the world about it after the fight

Is it legal for someone I trusted mental health information with to go and tell others about it without my consent ??

that’s my questions

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,255 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Although a sh1tty thing to do, no, it’s not illegal. This topic might be better suited to a different forum though. Perhaps ask a mod to move it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

im locking this and moving it to PI. The mods there can decide how to proceed.

Ireland Suicide Hotlines

Samaritans UK & ROI
    National
    Contact by: Face to Face - Phone - Letter: - E-mail:
    Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 90 90 (UK - local rate)
    Hotline: +44 (0) 8457 90 91 92 (UK minicom)
    Hotline: 1850 60 90 90 (ROI local rate)
    Hotline: 1850 60 90 91 (ROI minicom)
    E-mail Helpline: jo@samaritans.org
    24 Hour service:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement