Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All in the Family

Options
  • 11-10-2017 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here see the American version of Till Death Do us Part? I saw a couple of episodes when I was on holiday in the States 2 years ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Yes but I only heard about it after I moved to the US. It really was ground breaking TV. I'm surprised it never aired in Ireland in the 70's but maybe it was too controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Archie Bunker was a bit of a bigot all right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The Barkley's was a cartoon version of All In The Family with anthropomorphic dogs. I remember RTE showing early mornings at one point in the early 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

darkdubh wrote: »
    The Barkley's was a cartoon version of All In The Family with anthropomorphic dogs. I remember RTE showing early mornings at one point in the early 90's.

I used to watch that on video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

It did get shown on the BBC, and early Channel 4, the latter when it became Archie Bunker's Place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement