Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Issues

Options
  • 11-10-2017 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Hi folks (I think I know the answer to this before posting, but just thought I'd throw it out there).
    Since Friday, we've been getting intermittent drops on either / both PS4s (kicked from party chats, back to orbit etc), has this been happening anyone else? Non-PS4 internet seems to be fine (but that's mostly streaming Netflix / Youtube so buffering probably helping there).
    We did have a power cut on Thursday (most of Dublin 3 according to the automated message I got on the ESB Networks helpline) and I'm beginning to think that when the power was restored, something might have happened either my router (DIR 868L) or my modem (Thomson) that causes random / short drops, enough to cause issues with party chats and Destiny 2 (but not anything else).

Any others experiencing this, or any suggestions as to how to test it? I might put my old router back in place for day or so and see if it sorts the issue (I'd trade speed for a more stable connection!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the only thing I'm having issues with is the game crashing when trying to get into the Tower
    Happens regularly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

PetKing wrote:
    There's a lot more to be said for capping all 3 in D2 control at the minute. Power plays can push a lead very well. Some crafty fireteams send 3 to B at the start and one to opposing flag, you can have power play from the get go. Granted there's a lot of luck in who kills who at B, but you can be 5 or 6 points up after ~40 seconds.

I've been removed from the tower the odd time back to orbit. Game crashed once flying in to the Tower. Ok otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 45,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got booted a load last night.

Including one where it appear I got Flashbanged to the login screen. No error code just went white in the middle of a gunfight and next thing I saw was the Destiny loading logo.

But yeah, connections seemed a mess last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Not so much of the game or network errors but had a few connections issues last night.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    the only thing I'm having issues with is the game crashing when trying to get into the Tower
    Happens regularly enough

Like gimli, this is my main issue, happens a few times everyday. It was fixed earlier with an update specifically targeting this crash on ps4 pro but a further update ****ed it again. Had 3 in a row last night and also 1 later on, it completely crashes the game going to the blue error report screen, I've started to add little notes in the comments section just to vent.

The in-game chat has been totally ****ed with NAT issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dudeeile wrote: »
    Not so much of the game or network errors but had a few connections issues last night.

Like gimli, this is my main issue, happens a few times everyday. It was fixed earlier with an update specifically targeting this crash on ps4 pro but a further update ****ed it again. Had 3 in a row last night and also 1 later on, it completely crashes the game going to the blue error report screen, I've started to add little notes in the comments section just to vent.

ha so had I. I've had to stop as I was getting too personal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ha so had I. I've had to stop as I was getting too personal

It's only personal when they write back, now that would be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I get "contacting servers" quite a bit. It sometimes leads to a crash but not a lot in fairness.

Sure with all the mainenance days going on it'll be grand !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Isn't there a known issue in Destiny 1 even regarding 2 people in the same house on the same connection trying to play together?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Hmm, ok so it's not just us then. I have UPnP working on the router, both PS4s are getting NAT type 2, no port forwarding rules on the router related to that (one for torrents but that's not relevant). Still, party chat seems to die for a second as well and that shouldn't be related to D2 (I'd imagine). Sure I might dust off D1 and see if that suffers the same issues :)
    Isn't there a known issue in Destiny 1 even regarding 2 people in the same house on the same connection trying to play together?

Played D1 on two PS3s and PS4s for years on the same connection, never a bother. UPnP on the router handled the whole ports for game communications / chatting etc on multiple devices no problem. If I were to put one PS4 in a DMZ or set up port forwarding rules to it, then I could only ever have one device on the network

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not so much, "not you" as "thats the desperate state of the game connectivity wise at the moment"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Quick update, I plugged one of the PS4s straight into the VM cable modem, give it a static IP address in the same subnet as the modem and neither I nor the young lad have had any issues with dropouts for the entirety of last night. That's fairly conclusive evidence that my router is on the fritz, or at least has some minor fault that's causing the dropouts. I actually noticed it on my work laptop as well yesterday, my work VPN was dropping and reconnecting. Bugger anyway, I'd only replaced my previous one a few weeks ago. I should have invested in a surge protector :(

Advertisement