Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win7 volume licence back to stand alone

Options
  • 11-10-2017 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Hi. An organisation is passing on some PCs that originally had an OEM install of windows 7 on them but then wiped and reinstalled with the organisations volume licence as part of a general IT update.

They are now being passed on, completely wiped / formatted.

Will I be able to reinstall win 7 using the original licence key on the sticker? I have the installation DVD ISO legally downloaded from Microsoft a few years back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭Xterminator

word of warning here.

the licence key on the pc/laptop is going to be for a specific version of windows. EG win 7 ultimate or Enterprise or professional (as its a business pc).

So the windows disk you have must match the key. you cannot install ultimate with a professional key and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

So the windows disk you have must match the key. you cannot install ultimate with a professional key and vice versa.
    I have the ultimate iso, but iirc there's a config file where you can change the install type (easiest if you make a bootable USB). Sure Google will tell me.
    But you just reminded me: I better check its the right 32/64 bit version

Advertisement