Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Phone Insurance

Options
  • 10-10-2017 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭

So looks like the phone insurance is enabled in Ireland now.

65 euro for the year with a 60 quid excess for an iPhone 7 Plus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Offered me 99 cent a week and €30 excess on S7 Edge, that's very good but I don't think it includes if phone is stolen, is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Davexirl wrote: »
    Offered me 99 cent a week and €30 excess on S7 Edge, that's very good but I don't think it includes if phone is stolen, is that right?

I'm waiting for support to open tomorrow to find out about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Davexirl wrote:

They offered me €1.22 a week for a normal S7, I wonder what's the difference. I don't see theft cover anywhere, not much point for me without that.

no loss or theft according to support. B@lls!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It's only for damage sadly - I highly recommend it for anyone who has an edge phone though. I've cracked a good few screens on these. Premium revolut users get a 20% discount.

A friend of mine has a oneplus 5. They do an extended warranty type insurance that covers the same as Revolut. It costs 100 per year when Rev cost 30.

• Advertisement

Ya need the loss or theft myself with the price of phones on the rise.

Any other recommendations for insurance?

The wife is using mobilecover.ie and replaced a phone a couple of years ago but are about 16 for a standard iphone 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I received my invite for this today, has anyone any experience with them for handling returns/replacements? I've been offered €1.66 and €60 excess for a Note 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Insurance option temporarily unavailable No explanation why or timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Check your household insurance - might be cover already there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

You don't want to claim on your home insurance. Insurer don't like to see claims on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Ro-76 wrote: »
    Insurance option temporarily unavailable No explanation why or timeframe.

Perhaps they adding iPhone X as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

This is why. Source : https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/no-insurance-cover-for-irish-residents.704500/
    Confirmed with Revolut support.

Daniel de Wit (simplesurance GmbH)
    Nov 27, 14:50 CET

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your email where you are asking us about the insurance options when you are living in Ireland.

It is correct indeed that we have offered our insurance services in Ireland in the past. Unfortunately, we had to stop our services in Ireland due to a legal issue. According to the Irish law, we would be obligated to offer a repair center in Ireland for our Irish customer. Because we have our OnePlus licensed repair partner in Czech, we unfortunately do not fulfill this requirement of the Irish law.

We are working on the problem so we hopefully be able to offer our services in Ireland in the future again. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this might cause you, but we hope that you can understand our decision making with the reason explained as mentioned above.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Greetings from Berlin,
    Daniel de Wit

Advertisement