Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthcare

Options
  • 10-10-2017 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I hope this is being posted in the right section. I'm currently doing the communications modules for my QQI Lvl5 in Healthcare. I have prepared my presentation on hand hygiene. I was going to give a demo on hand washing using a UV light and gel to show the unwashed areas of the hand. I recieved the UV torch today but no gel. Could anyone tell me what I could use as an alternative to the gel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sderref

Hi, hand sanitizing gels are widely available now. Lidl, Aldi, boots etc stocks them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

You could ask the infection control team in your local hospital, they might lend you some (if they aren't wagons). They may even lend you their light box (less likely).

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ciderbaby

sderref wrote: »
    Hi, hand sanitizing gels are widely available now. Lidl, Aldi, boots etc stocks them.

I don't think they will work because they dry in too quickly to demonstrate coverage. I'll get some today and try it out

Advertisement