Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

P2416d is 2560x1440 monitor, while U2417 is 1920x1080. After reading the comprehensive review https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-p2416d/ I'd go with it the first one. I would be put by using PWM, but it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ada Lovelace

Thanks - I read the review for both on there now and TBH it was a lot more detailed than I could keep up with.
    I'll be using them as a pair for work side by side. I did wonder if the resolution at that screen size was a gimmick and the thinner bezels of the U2417 would be better reason to opt for it.

Thanks - I read the review for both on there now and TBH it was a lot more detailed than I could keep up with.
    I'll be using them as a pair for work side by side. I did wonder if the resolution at that screen size was a gimmick and the thinner bezels of the U2417 would be better reason to opt for it.

I have three monitors and there is around 8 cm gap between the screens, not an issue for me.

Unless you want to display one continuous image on them (like here below)

re5eyefinity.jpg

bezels are not a problem. If you want, look for the thin bezels, as that would really improve the immersion.

It's for work. Documentation on one side, work on the other. No real need for minimal bezels, just thought that the U2417 would be newer (I think 17 stands for year model) whereas the older P2416 although with a higher resolution might just be inferior to it despite this.

I presume that Daisy Chaining monitors is not something to look for? Both support Dell display manager and only the U2417H supports daisy chaining?

The website I was looking at ran out of P2416D, so waiting for them to reload the new stock and thought I would ask about this.

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement

I presume that Daisy Chaining monitors is not something to look for? Both support Dell display manager and only the U2417H supports daisy chaining?

The website I was looking at ran out of P2416D, so waiting for them to reload the new stock and thought I would ask about this.

Thanks for the help.

It's nice to have, reduces cable clutter a bit. but not something I would buy for.

Advertisement