Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tradesman to rodent-proof a house?

Options
  • 10-10-2017 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I have a rat or a mouse in my house; I know this because I hear it walking on the ceiling of certain ground-floor rooms.

I've done some reading about rodent infestations, and the standard advice seems to be that the first step is to find and block the entry points that are being used by the rodent. What tradesman would be best for this? A plasterer? A painter and decorator? A builder? Or someone else?

My house is semi-detached, with a garage at the side. The likeliest point of entry is inside the garage.

The walls of the garage are high — too high to reach without a ladder; and since I don't have a ladder, that is partly why I want a tradesman, rather than trying my own hand at this work.

My first thought was to engage a pest control professional — but I found that they seem to use poison as their preferred option.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Rentokil, it's part of the service and they are experts in knowing where the vermin are coming in. It isn't cheap, but it's effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

These threads are starting early this year, considering it's been relatively mild, the pest are getting into peoples houses early

Advertisement