Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play content from S7 Edge through Apple TV...any advice?

Options
  • 10-10-2017 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Hi there!
    I have a S7 Edge. I also have an Apple tv attached to my tv...!
    Can you advise the best way to play youtube and other content from my S7 through to Apple TV?

I have tried a few apps, but they all dont seem to work very well...

I appreciate your advice!

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Just bumping this up..hoping for some advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Get a chrome cast and skip the apple tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Thank u.. would it be mad to have a chromecast and an apple tv?

Do any apps stream to apple tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Well the chrome cast is a cheap €39 device so i don't see the problem having both. I'm completely unfamiliar with apple tv and what it is and isn't capable of though to be honest.

But the chrome cast and Android go hand in hand so should work natively for YouTube etc.

And sorry when I said skip the apple tv I mean for the purposes of streaming directly from your phone, not necessarily get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Apple don't want you doing it.
    However, as is typical with Apple, there’s a walled garden surrounding AirPlay on the Apple TV, and is restricted to Apple devices only. Or so Apple thought. It turns out that there are a number of ways that Android users can utilise AirPlay on the Apple TV to enable streaming from an Android to an Apple TV.

While admittedly it’s more difficult now than it has been in the past, there are still a handful of workarounds available online. Here, we explain why your streaming app may have recently stopped working, along with suggestions on how to stream from Android to Apple TV.
    Apple decided to push out a new tvOS update (10.2) for the fouth-generation Apple TV that effectively killed the functionality for all third-party apps.

Buy a chromecast, it will accept casting from all devices. Otherwise you're buying a diesel car and trying to fill it from the petrol pump.

• Advertisement
Advertisement