Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculating Load Bearing Capability

Options
  • 10-10-2017 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I'm building a raised timber pond for the garden and would appreciate some advice on the load bearing capability of the timber structure. The pond is 1.2m x 1.8m and 1.1m high, using 32mm T&G timber and a PVC liner. The corners are notched and fairly tight. It will hold 1650 litres of water.

I'm trying to work out the pressure on the structure walls and the load bearing capacity of the wood, and prove that the current design is up to it. Also, I wouldn't mind scaling up the design and would like to know how big I can go.

I've made a few calculations and would like to see if they match with anybody else!

Advertisement