Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you recommend a decent gaming phone for under 200

Options
  • 09-10-2017 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

I don't know if I could get a good gaming phone for under 200 but I would like to get a phone that could run fairly intensive games like GTA games like Liberty city stories and Modern Combat 5.
    I was thinking of the Moto G5 but call quality on it isn't too good I've heard and it doesn't have a compass so if I was navigating on Google Maps the map won't rotate which is kinda stupid really so that put me off it.
    So does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭914

Possibly the xanomi mi a1, its due to go on sale in italy for €220 not sure it amazon.it will stock it. Slightly over the 200 mark but its on par with the moto g5s + based on reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Thanks Im sure that s a great phone but that s going to be hard to get.
    Is there anything good I can find now?
    I was looking at a wileyfox but they now have a dialler that steals all your contact info.
    I cant find a phone that doesn't have some kind of drawback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Looks to be available here and shipped from Europe for under €220.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Thanks Im sure that s a great phone but that s going to be hard to get.
    Is there anything good I can find now?
    I was looking at a wileyfox but they now have a dialler that steals all your contact info.
    I cant find a phone that doesn't have some kind of drawback

It should be pretty easy to get. Check over in the Chinese Android Phone thread for more help on buying phones like that.

Would the charger included with it work over here?
    It has only 2 pins

• Advertisement

quinnd6 wrote:
    Would the charger included with it work over here? It has only 2 pins

You would need an adapter but any standard usb charger would be fine. Just plug the cable you get with it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Looks to be available here and shipped from Europe for under €220.

Plus €22 shipping

NATLOR wrote: »
    Plus €22 shipping

Dang that brings it to 244 euros that's a bit more than I'd like to pay for a phone to be honest.

Where do eglobalcentral ship from?
    They seem cheaper.
    Oh no nevermind they seem to be scammers.

quinnd6 wrote:
    Where do eglobalcentral ship from? They seem cheaper. Oh no nevermind they seem to be scammers.

I've ordered from them before, why would you say they are scammers?

• Advertisement

fixxxer wrote: »
    I've ordered from them before, why would you say they are scammers?

The reviews I've seen for them are terrible.

I think the battery might need charging a lot.
    I'm thinking about the note 4x now.

I need to bring back this thread because my Xperia play is starting to go wonky on me now so it's a case of me having to buy a new phone.
    If someone calls me on my xperia play the screen goes black and when I press the button it doesn't react and I have to press into the glass to get it to react again.
    I changed the outer glass on the screen where it cracked a few months ago and maybe I didn't put it on tight enough.
    Also the internal storage has no room for apps anymore due to google play services so I think I need to pay up for a new phone.
    The Moto g5 is supposed to be great from reviews but what they don't mention is it has no compass and the same with the g4 no compass so if you're using Google Maps and walking around you're screwed.
    Also chinese imported phones like the Xiaomi Mi and certain other lesser known phones like the Doogee and the Maze alpha which have great specs seem to have problems with app compatibility where apps over here don't work with them like Netflix and certain banking apps and BBC Iplayer and probably RTE player don't work.

So I wanted to ask has anyone tried the Huawei P8 lite?
    It seems like a decent phone.
    I believe it has a compass and a decent camera.
    It seems fairly ok for gaming and the main drawback with it is only 16gb storage which is crap but if I installed an sd card wouldn't that help solve that problem?
    Also how is the call quality on it?
    I've heard some reviews saying the speaker that you talk into sounds muffled on the other end.
    Is it ok for making calls?
    After all, that's what a phone is for.
    The call quality and sound was always perfect on the Xperia Play on both ends so I'd need quality like that at least, no point getting a phone that has crap call quality.

Aw damnit just discovered the P8 lite 2017 won't let you move apps to sd card.
    What a load of bull.
    My search for a decent phone that doesn't cost a fortune continues.

Ok maybe someone can recommend a phone that has adoptable storage and can play games not too badly like Asphalt 8 or Modern Combat 5 for example.
    It also must have a compass as I use Google Maps sometimes when walking.
    I'd prefer not to have to buy a phone that I have to import from China as those kind of phones don't really have support here and I feel if something went wrong it'd be a big problem for me.

I guess not.
    This is useless I'm just replying to myself here.

Advertisement