Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STARGATE: ORIGINS

Options
  • 09-10-2017 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

It's coming back baby, they're gonna finish Universe and unleash a whole new series with all the old gang back together as they've all died and are now ancients!

I kid, it's some kinda 10 min ep prequel series with Katy Langford I think but I'll TAKE IT GODDAMMIT!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm not sure about yet another prequel to be honest but I'll watch anyway.

It's a shame though that we didn't at least get an SGU TV movie to wrap things up. I actually thought it was getting really good by the end of the second season

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't get it. Are there any details yet? From watching SG1, we know only 1 person has gone through between the time it was found and the movie. So unless it's set before the gate was buried or unless there is no gate travel (apart from Catherine's fiancee), then it's a reboot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't get it. Are there any details yet? From watching SG1, we know only 1 person has gone through between the time it was found and the movie. So unless it's set before the gate was buried or unless there is no gate travel (apart from Catherine's fiancee), then it's a reboot

It's a reboot. Can't recall where I read it, but this web series is said to be behind a paywall as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Venom wrote: »
    It's a reboot. Can't recall where I read it, but this web series is said to be behind a paywall as well.
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/21/unlimited-stargate-streaming-will-cost-20/
    For a one-time fee of $20, you'll get access to some 354 television episodes, according to The Verge, and the three films from the Stargate franchise, making for some serious binge-watching.

In addition to access to the new Origins show, members can stream series television shows SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and (the best of them all) Stargate Universe, as well as the associated movies, like Stargate, Stargate: The Ark of Truth and Stargate Continuum. They'll also get behind-the-scenes access to Origins and a members-only digital edition of the Origins script later this year.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/20/16007184/stargate-origins-sg-1-mgm-sdcc-2017
    In the franchise’s mythology, Langford’s father initially discovered the Stargate, with Origins following the adventures that lead her to becoming the Stargate expert that appears in Emmerich’s movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,707 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There is already a thread on this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104146816

The bad news do is I think it was cancelled not too long after that.

A pity as I was looking forward to it.

Has it changed since?

Is it back on?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Venom wrote: »
    It's not a reboot. It's going to respect the 17 seasons of the show. Quite how they'll tie it in with Langford's past remains to be seen - sure they can just wipe her memory..

It will launch on Stargate Command website where all seasons of the shows are now available (for a price and not if you're in Ireland...). That's why Origins will tie in, because it's part of a greater whole. Currently likely to debut in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

My goodness, that acting...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So... many... bad... accents...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My god, I get its a web series so hardly has the largest budget, but honestly that felt around the level of a fan film. Were I not aware it was official I'd have assumed it an amateur fan production; sad to see a beloved franchise that down on its luck.

Trek fans might recognise 'Trip' from Enterprise in it as the father, not exactly stellar cast at play :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,399 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well the streaming site isn't available here anyway even if you wanted to sign up for it checked to see the pricing of it and got this.

We're sorry...
    All-Access is not available in your area. We're working hard to find ways for fans in other countries to watch every Stargate movie and episode - including the new Stargate Origins - so stay tuned to the News section of Stargate Command for updates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Has anyone tried a VPN?

I'm actually watching sg1 again on pick before the Babylon 5 rerun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

My god, this looks horrific

First 3 episodes are available.
    Unless they somehow make it so it never happened in the end then the whole setup for the movie will be undone.

Trip just looks like Trip with fake grey hair and fake grey moustache.

Will keep watching the next episodes since they're short but they did seem to drag.

MGM put the original film up on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/StargateCentral/videos

I enjoyed the three episodes for what they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

This has got to be a fan made series ?? The acting, the accents... horrendous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭Inviere

pixelburp wrote: »
    Trek fans might recognise 'Trip' from Enterprise in it as the father, not exactly stellar cast at play :)

Trek fans? What about Stargate Atlantis fans? ;) I watched the first ep thus far, quite poor it must be said. SG1 certainly has nothing to worry about anyway.

Parts 4 & 5 are out I am loath to call them episodes.

Episode 6 & 7 are out I'll stick with now as the final 3 episodes are out next weekend/

It's a total waste of time really.

A 90 minute doc interviewing the cast and crew in 2017 on what it was like making the 3 Stargate series would have been a lot better and more interesting as a way to sell the streaming site than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bring back Universe. Most of the cast can be gotten back and anyone who cant? Well their stasis pod thingy malfunctioned and they died. Done. Writing genius.....

Hire me! :P

Finished it and damm it is terrible and of course
    a memory wipe
    to make it somewhat canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »
    STARGATE ORIGINS Ending and Original Movie Set-up Explained

SPOILERS for Origins included!

Not a new movie, and it is not like we need this explained in the first place?

... :)

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement