Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My head is wrecked

Options
  • 09-10-2017 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, I'm thinking of getting a new phone for Xmas but the choices are huge. I'm currently using a Motorola G4 plus but the battery life is poor and there's screen burn when playing some games. I play games/text/calls/photos. What's most important is expandable storage for SD card
    Was looking at
    Xiaomi Mi 6
    Huawei Honor 9
    Samsung galaxy A5
    I know fekall about the first two and have very little tech savvy and am open to any suggestions please

my budget would be in and around €300ish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭914

Comerman wrote: »
    Hi Folks, I'm thinking of getting a new phone for Xmas but the choices are huge. I'm currently using a Motorola G4 plus but the battery life is poor and there's screen burn when playing some games. I play games/text/calls/photos. What's most important is expandable storage for SD card
    Was looking at
    Xiaomi Mi 6
    Huawei Honor 9
    Samsung galaxy A5
    I know fekall about the first two and have very little tech savvy and am open to any suggestions please

my budget would be in and around €300ish

Can I wreck your head a bit further. The Moto z play is currently €298 on amazon.de fantastic battery in it.

Not sure if the xanomi mi6/honour 9 will come in at €300 although the new xanomi mi a1 is due to go on sale in europe for approx €250.

Another phone worth looking at is the moto g5s plus.

There's a lot of choice in the market and for phones under €300 the moto g5s plus seems to come out on top.

The mi 6 is a flagship phone which compets with with the likes of the galaxy s8, iphone 7, htc u11 etc but its half the price of those models

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Comerman

I saw the moto g5 but was apprehensive because of the way my g4 performs, then again they are two different phones I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Comerman wrote: »
    I saw the moto g5 but was apprehensive because of the way my g4 performs, then again they are two different phones I suppose

Just to further add to the confusion!

The G5, G5 Plus, G5S and G5S Plus are 4 different phone models :D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

Kids have the moto g4. Okayish performance. Gone from s7 to an A5,new model. Fantastic phone,great battery and performance. I know alot of people mark ot down for the camera,I find it grand bit then I dont do selfies but everything else is grt. Apart from a few bits its nearly identical to s7,I actually prefer A5 for the battery life! Hth

I'm no kid alas, I did consider the A5 because I had a J5 back in the day and it's still going strong. Storage would be my biggest need and the odd photo

• Advertisement

The Nokia 6 might interest you!

https://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6-6885.php

Can be got for €229 from Three for 32GB ROM / 3GB RAM

A 64GB / 4GB version is available on Amazon from £279 (This version is also Dual SIM :))
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-64GB-Unlocked-Smartphone-Black/dp/B06XWQ89ZM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1507628932&sr=8-2&keywords=nokia+6

I saw that too but feel a 5. 5 might be a bit big for the pocket

Told you that I hadn't a clue. I was told that I might be able to make the Samsung A5 for Christmas but was trying to keep the price down as much as I could so with an e80 difference I'll compare it to the A3

Advertisement