Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared Access - Impact on Sale Price

Options
  • 09-10-2017 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Does anyone have experience of the impact of a shared access driveway on the potential sale value of a house?

I am the executor for the sale of a house which currently shares a driveway with a neighbour. I know that provision of private access to the property is possible, but it will involve cost, delay and possible dispute and I am trying to decide if there is any benefit in commencing that process.

Has anyone knowledge of a similar situation and of any lessons they learned, particularly if any potential buyers saw the shared access as a disadvantage or as a justification for a lower sale price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

It depends, shared access is quite common in housing estates and rural sales. As long as the correct right of way is in place, I cant see it causing any issues for the sale.

Advertisement