Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Melbourne / Sydney 48 hours in each

• 09-10-2017 9:55am

Hi,

I am heading on honeymoon and will have 2 nights each in Melbourne / Sydney at the end.

Looking to do both in style, especially Sydney.

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Sydney? The ideal would be somewhere at the high end of the market, close the sea and close to the city if that is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Never been to Sydney but my cousin got married in coogee and hired Nicole Kidman' s limo for an evening champagne drive. Melbourne is lovely...so like New York but with wonderful tours..and free transport!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Hi,

I am heading on honeymoon and will have 2 nights each in Melbourne / Sydney at the end.

Looking to do both in style, especially Sydney.

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in Sydney? The ideal would be somewhere at the high end of the market, close the sea and close to the city if that is possible.

Thanks in advance.

At the high end you would fail to better Park Hyatt for location.

https://m.hyatt.com/mt/sydney.park.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Other options nearby

http://m.fourseasons.com/sydney/

http://www.shangri-la.com/mobile/sydney/shangrila/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Intercontinental Double Bay is half way between Bondi and the city. It's super luxe and so long as you don't mind it's morbid past, should tick both the beach and city boxes.

Alternatively, the Langham Sydney has a spa and restaurants to die for, Pier One Sydney Harbour has rooms that literally hang over the water and Pullman Grand Quay overlooks the harbour and opera house.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have stayed at the Sebel Pinnacle Apartments on Pyrmont Rd. Depends on what you like but they suited me really well. Located half way between Darling Harbour and Sydney Fish Markets. Easy access to transport.

There is a rooftop terrace with great views which is a nice place to relax. I like to cook and there is a great BBQ area up there as well as a really good kitchen in the apartment. Lots of nice restaurants close by as well.

If you want room service etc. then this is not the place for you.

It is a very short stay in both places. Where else are you going? I hope you are not planning on flying out from Ireland for just four days in Australia.

Advertisement