Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat on Dart

Options
  • 09-10-2017 7:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Can someone explain to me why they put the heat on the dart at peak times ? The newer darts (on one now) dont have windows and everyone has winter coats for the cold and are sweating on board ??

I took off mine as soon as I got on and Im sweating !! Feicin joke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

You should write in and complain.

To be honest that is my experience with many places in Ireland during the winter months. Shops also have heating up in the high 20s so staff can go around in vests while everyone walking in is wearing winter gear and sweating buckets. Its horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Such a waste of resources more importantly

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's not a new development alas... been like that for at least 10 years now :(

Plus, suburban DART platforms tend to be very exposed and lacking in shelter... not a good combination!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I think it's automatic based on the external temperature; obviously it's a lot warmer on a crowded carriage than on an empty one.

Advertisement