Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Kingsize Bed - where to get it?

Options
  • 08-10-2017 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi

Moved back from from the US a few years ago. We have a lovely US kingsize mattress - but don't have a proper Bed frame. We'd like a nice bed frame - preferably wood or metal with a headboard.

The mattress size is 76 x 80 inches (193 x 203cm). Anyway, this is much bigger than the comparable Irish/UK/European king or super king sizes. So was wondering if anyone had ideas or suggestions for getting one. The options look to be:

1. Getting a US online shop to ship here? Anyone have any experience or advice with this?

2. Getting one custom made? Any recommendations?

West Side Kid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

hiya,

For comparison purposes, I moved here from the US with my awesome US queen size mattress, and it fits snugly in an Irish king size bed frame.

Yours might fit in a super king, but if I were you I'd measure my mattress and call a furniture shop that sells super kings and just ask them.

If that doesn't work, it will probably ended up cheaper to get a carpenter to make you a custom frame than paying for shipping from a US site...

good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Try bigmickey.ie he has a thread on bargain alerts.
    Very reasonable prices and a good service.

Advertisement