Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of getting ex police Transalp

Options
  • 08-10-2017 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

I'm concidering buying an ex police Transalp up north is there anything I should know before jumping at one they seem to be very cheap

It's a 03 model with paniers for 1300 pounds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Those police bikes are probably well maintained, But they do a lot of slow speed work so while the mileage may not be big the hours will be.
    Traffic duty and Outriders typically go and stop a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Would it be of an concern ?

I know there may be holes in the fairings from the police lights but noting much after that

I'm hoping the odd morning commute would result in the parting of the seas when the cars see a white bike coming up beside them !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I wouldn't worry about the holes in fairings etc. They are easily solved with a rubber bung. What I mean is that the clutch and powertrain typically get a lot of hammer when they are used in Police duties, plus they do a lot of idling.
    Thankfully these engines are very reliable and last a long time if cared for.
    Sure if the price is right then make an offer and see where you go.

Advertisement