Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ticketmaster

Options
  • 07-10-2017 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

The new version of TM is on my browser. The version with the 1 after the w. So its www1.ticketmaster.ie
    Any way to go back to the old version? I obviously tried removing the 1 in the search bar but that didn't work. I'm using google chrome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sabrewulf

not sure if this currently activated to always happen at specific events, or just an A/B test.
    If it's an A/B test, just clear cache/cookies and try again.
    What gig did you try?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In chromium and chrome mine jumps to www1 a lot of the time, and I found no way around it, yet for some gigs deleting the 1 did get it back. Really weird, on other PCs I used it never jumped to www1 using chrome.

I found internet explorer did not jump to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

rubadub wrote: »
    In chromium and chrome mine jumps to www1 a lot of the time, and I found no way around it, yet for some gigs deleting the 1 did get it back. Really weird, on other PCs I used it never jumped to www1 using chrome.

I found internet explorer did not jump to it.

The new version is a pain to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

wacotaco wrote: »
    Can be a pain, but useful to see what's available without searching. You get a list of available rows ,based on the number of tickets you need.
    Plus you can decide yourself which ones are 'best available', rather than letting TM decide for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wacotaco wrote: »

what are your issues with it? people might have tips on how better to use it.

I like the ability to better select seats. The only downside I personally have seen is that it introduces a selection, and so you naturally delayed in picking seats, and when I picked some I was then told they were gone. If this was the old style I might have got better ones.

I was unsure how it worked though, I thought I was able to get the ones I saw offered, and had time to choose. Now I know this is not the case I would pick faster in future -but still if they are picked before me there seems to be a fair delay in picking others.

With the old method in the likes of say the olympia it would seem to sell them row by row, so it would offer up row A seats off to one side, while I would have preferred say row D centre aisle seats better than those.

• Advertisement
Advertisement