Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which new mobile plan?

Options
  • 07-10-2017 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Next month my 2yr contract with vodafone is up. I am currently on a €60p/mth plan that includes unlimited texts & data, 15gb internet and 100 international minutes. I also get spotify premium. My phone is a iphone 6 16gb. The phone is fine so I'm not really looking to upgrade it, although what I choose to do with regards to spotify may influence it as I may need more memory if i drop spotify (which I'd like to do as I don't really like it, but that's another discussion).

I've gone back through my past 6months of bills
    - 5 of the past 7months, calls were under 180mins. One outlier month of 400mins where I was shopping around for car insurance and on hold for forever.
    - Data under 5g each month
    - texts under 100 each month
    - 3 out of the 6months I used my phone in either EU or Australia/NZ
    - 2 months had short international calls (under 10mins in those months)

Vodafone PAYG Extra which includes unlimited calls/texts, 100 international minutes 8gb data and roaming for €30 p/month seems ok? Or the Tesco €25 p/month unlimited calls/texts & 20gb data which includes 5gb for roaming. I used to be with Tesco before switching to vodafone 2yrs ago, but I don't know what the network is like now.

Any recommendations for a new plan that i have missed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Arbie

I went with iD mobile:

If you have access to a groupscheme, you can get unlimited calls/texts, 30GB data (+ 6.5GB roaming) on 4G for €20 a month and it's a 30-day rolling contract.

It's on the 3 network, so reception may not be as good as Vodafone, but I haven't had any problems.

Advertisement