Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to carpet stairs and landing

Options
  • 06-10-2017 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I'm trying to find a rough price guide to get carpet fitted on the stairs and landing.
    The landing is roughly 155 inches x 79 inches and the stairs is a 13 stwp staircase with a bend half way down ( 2 bend steps ).
    I got a quote from a company. They said the carpet was 150 and then priced the fitting at 320 for a total of 470 euros which I thought was madness as I got wood flooring fitted in 5 rooms for 600.
    Am I wrong? Is this a average price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Yes that seems dear but depends on the carpet.
    Also price around for a better deal
    That's the only way
    Pegasus177 wrote: »
    I'm trying to find a rough price guide to get carpet fitted on the stairs and landing.
    The landing is roughly 155 inches x 79 inches and the stairs is a 13 stwp staircase with a bend half way down ( 2 bend steps ).
    I got a quote from a company. They said the carpet was 150 and then priced the fitting at 320 for a total of 470 euros which I thought was madness as I got wood flooring fitted in 5 rooms for 600.
    Am I wrong? Is this a average price?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Pegasus177

GY A1 wrote: »
    Yes that seems dear but depends on the carpet.
    Also price around for a better deal
    That's the only way

Well they priced the carpet at 150 so the 320 was the Labour. I thought that was very excessive. In going to have to shop around a bit I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Was that fitting including underlay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I'm pleasantly surprised by this- I'd have thought it would have been a lot more! I'm thinking of painting my stairs and putting a runner down the middle.
    Is this crazy? Is it more labour intensive (I mean in terms of cleaning, not the actual laying of the carpet!).
    Also, would a runner typically be similarly priced? That sounds like it might be a silly question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oldbobjo

Hi there, where are you based to get quote of 600 for 5 rooms of wood flooring? Please

• Advertisement
Advertisement