Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have to Leave Hotmail?

Options
  • 06-10-2017 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

Is anybody else having problems with Hotmail. I've been using it for donkeys years but am having more and more problems and now some emails are definitely not getting to me.

I haven't been able to attach anything to an email for ages and there are other small problems. I get the feeling that maybe they are trying to move me on to a premium service?

Just before I make the move of advising everyone that I'm switching to gmail I wondered is it just me or has this happened to others over the years and maybe that is why gmail seems to be the email of choice these days.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Is anybody else having problems with Hotmail. I've been using it for donkeys years but am having more and more problems and now some emails are definitely not getting to me.

I haven't been able to attach anything to an email for ages and there are other small problems. I get the feeling that maybe they are trying to move me on to a premium service?

Just before I make the move of advising everyone that I'm switching to gmail I wondered is it just me or has this happened to others over the years and maybe that is why gmail seems to be the email of choice these days.

Thanks

Using hotmail for years and never had a problem, however I do know some websites dont accept hotmail addresses so maybe its the same for people sending you emails and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

DMARC polices heavily hurt hotmail and also yahoo domain emails. They are not an ideal email if you are serious about getting mail through.

Suggest concerting to outlook email under hotmail banner.
    or gmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

As the last person said, maybe consider upgrading to the Outlook system from Hotmail.

https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2012/08/03/upgrade-from-hotmail-to-outlook-com/?eu=true

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

my hotmail works fine, the UI is outlook mail now (prompted long long ago to change UI from hotmail to outlook), email address is still xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com

Hotmail (or Outlook.com as it is now) is nothing like what it used to be. The backend is all Office 365 Exchange Online now. In fact, if you set up a hotmail.com or outlook.com or similar address in Microsoft Outlook, it sets up as a full Microsoft Exchange account.

Exchange Online was having problems last week, which affected many Office 365 tenants and probably affected Outlook.com too. How long have you had the problems for?

• Advertisement
Advertisement