Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is an advisor really a QFA

Options
  • 05-10-2017 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hoping someone can help me here. How can I find out if a person who is claiming to be a QFA is really a QFA?. I believe there may have been some significant conflict of interest relating to a product he sold to a charitable organisation which was totally inappropriate for their needs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Hoping someone can help me here. How can I find out if a person who is claiming to be a QFA is really a QFA?. I believe there may have been some significant conflict of interest relating to a product he sold to a charitable organisation which was totally inappropriate for their needs
    You can try contacting the main suppliers of the designation. Not sure if they need to give you the information though for data protection purposes.
    queries@lia.ie
    [font=Arial, Georgia, Palatino, Times, serif]info@iob.ie[/font]
    There are a few more but not 100% sure on who they are. The qualification is issued by UCD and so you may be able to get some information from the records office in UCD.
    Edit: Or you can raise a complaint with the Financial Services Ombudsman.

https://www.financialombudsman.ie/documents/FSOB-Complaint-Form-EN.pdf?ts=023522

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Have you made a complaint to the institution they work for? Qfa qualifications are quite common these days so they could be legitimate. You need to raise complaint with the institution before you approach the ombudsman

Advertisement