Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help: Ryanair F668 to NEC - 4th Dec 2015...anyone else booked that ?

Options
  • 05-10-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭

....this is a long shot........

Does anyone here remember being booked on, and boarding Ryanair FR668 to Birmingham, on Friday evening the 4th December 2015? Yes, 2015.

Long story short, Storm Desmond was coming in, but it was touch & go on whether flights would depart. We boarded (4 of us) and spent a long time on the plane.........4 hours ?....but eventually we taxied out and were 2nd in line to take off.

At which point a lady (I'm guessing about halfway up the plane, so say Row 15, and seat A (window iirc), began making a scene, and demanded she be let off the plane. As you can imagine, everyone else was Not Happy (understatement.....).

So, the captain came down, but there was no talking to her, and he then made an announcement over the PA that under law he had no choice but to turn back to the terminal and let her off or he could be liable for holding someone against their will, and that therefore the flight would lose it's take off slot. And so it happened.

A large amount of people on that flight were going to the bike show in NEC, so wondering if anyone on here remember it, and especially any pics or video etc.

TIA as they say.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Did you eventually fly out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Why do you want pics and/or videos of the stranger on the plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Wasn't on that particular flight, but was on one to the same destination a day or two earlier, we got to nec alright but return flight was cancelled due to dub airport being closed becauseof the storm was a nightmare, eventually we had to hire a car and drive to hollyhead and sail home in the roughest seas I've ever seen. Haven't bothered with the NEC since. Anyway, I've gone completely off topic, why do you want pics of a hysterical woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

That sounds very similar to the flight I was on but theres a few details that are a little different. Are you sure it was the 4th of December? Isn't the bike show normally on the last two weeks in November? Anyway even if the flights are the same I don't have any pics or videos

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

anto9 wrote: »
    Did you eventually fly out ?

Unfortunately not....nightmare. ...spent 12 hours at the airport and then had to give up....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

I found footage online:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

erica74 wrote: »
    Why do you want pics and/or videos of the stranger on the plane?

Lolz....not necessarily interested in who, but as a "weather event" you've no recourse to a refund.

If, however I can show that's not the reason that flight didn't leave I might get something back. As-is I'm about €700 down....

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

galwaytt wrote: »
    Lolz....not necessarily interested in who, but as a "weather event" you've no recourse to a refund.

If, however I can show that's not the reason that flight didn't leave I might get something back. As-is I'm about €700 down....

On my flight it was a drunk English twat causing hassle for everyone - we kept getting told by the pilot he was waiting for the wind to calm down a bit and we'd be away but then the drunk started shouting let me off the plane etc and the pilot turned the plane around and went back to the terminal. Four and a half hours we spent on the runway waiting to go. Needless to say we were all majorly pi$$ed off.

Best of luck anyway!

Advertisement