Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leopardstown vintage show

Options
  • 05-10-2017 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

..this saturday, for you/us oul fellas that love looking at rusty stuff and talking about who's "missing this year"...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

will be at the dyno day in RPM.shame they both clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Some proper junk there last year, stuff that'd clearly been dragged from a canal or something and they were looking for mad money for it.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Some proper junk there last year, stuff that'd clearly been dragged from a canal or something and they were looking for mad money for it.

Done Deal Minter......:pac::D

D3V!L wrote: »

Antique/classic/vintage.............:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭emo72

Well, anyone get anything at it? Any photos even?

emo72 wrote: »
    Well, anyone get anything at it? Any photos even?

A lovely set of brass tankards, some colouring books and an old AA badge.....

oh...did you mean bike stuff...no, there was nothing there...;)

Did I miss much??

I got my Burgman scooter dynoed today.

The craic up there was mighty,bbq aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

The show was the same old same old....wasn't very busy this year.

Crusty Jugglers.......lol

• Advertisement

Nodster wrote: »
    The show was the same old same old....wasn't very busy this year.

Might be the last, for me anyways...very poor display of bikes..car park is where the REAL show is at....no pix sozz..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Been going to this Show for donkeys years since it out grew the former Taney Hall days. The Club needs a bit of imagination and try create something different every year - a theme be it a marque anniversary, a special display to keep most peeps interest. Not having a dig directly at the Vintage Club, but I'm sure that some of members have both some rare and special bikes of interest, just a pity they don't go the extra mile and bring them along for the paying punter.

Still I'll venture the same 70 mile round trip again next year

Most of the lads I know in the club are "mature" and imo probably aren't really bothered about the show, it's an inconvenience at this stage...as you say it's the same old every year, few bikes, too many antique , book, toy stands....needs a fresh approach....

Advertisement