Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to debs with tallish person

Options
  • 05-10-2017 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm a guy whose debs are coming up in the next few weeks. There is a possible issue in that the girl I'm going with is relatively tall, while I'm not particularly tall. Due height differences in gender I'm only about an inch or less taller than her. If she decides to wear heels (which are fairly standard) then she'll probably be quite a bit taller when it comes to the day, and I'm afraid that it will look kind of awkward.

Should I just accept things as they are, or do you think I should say something to her (I haven't because I feel it might be a little unfair to her)? Is my traditional outlook of wanting to appear taller the problem here? Is there an ideal solution?

(This is almost certainly not the first time an issue like this has occurred with some form of social event, but don't really know where else to ask tbh).

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

5Curanio wrote: »
    Should I just accept things as they are ...
    Yes.
    do you think I should say something to her? ...
    What? "Could you get 6" of both your shinbones removed please?" :confused:
    Is my traditional outlook of wanting to appear taller the problem here?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

You lucky, lucky lad!

Have a great night and don't worry about the bitter, small minded jerks who would pass remarks about you guys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    don't worry about the bitter, small minded jerks who would pass remarks

If only I could convince teenagers that this is a mantra for life.
    You will get to fifty and wonder why you wasted so much energy bothering what other people think.

Be that mad oul' lad/ oul' one now. Do what you want and pay not a hoot to what anyone thinks. Most of the time they are thinking about themselves, not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DogBun

Is there an ideal solution?

Go. Have a good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,811 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

spurious wrote: »
    If only I could convince teenagers that this is a mantra for life.
    You will get to fifty and wonder why you wasted so much energy bothering what other people think.

Be that mad oul' lad/ oul' one now. Do what you want and pay not a hoot to what anyone thinks. Most of the time they are thinking about themselves, not you.
    This x 100

• Advertisement
Advertisement